Re: PCA Creation Report

From: Jack Haas (haasJ@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 13:16:05 EST

    Greetings:

    I should know better than to attempt to evaluate the work of religious
    bodies to which I do not belong. Go read the document!

    Here is a quote from late in the report:

    "RECOMMENDATIONS

    We, therefore, recommend the following:

    That the Creation Study Committees report, in its entirety, be distributed
    to all sessions and presbyteries of the PCA and made available for others
    who wish to study it. Adopted

    That since historically in Reformed theology there has been a diversity of
    views of the creation days among highly respected theologians, and, since
    the PCA has from its inception allowed a diversity, that the Assembly affirm
    that such diversity as covered in this report is acceptable as long as the
    full historicity of the creation account is accepted. Adopted as amended

    That this study committee be dismissed with thanks. Adopted"

    Jack