About Criticism of an Essay

From: Jon Runge (integer@crosswalkmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 08:46:39 EST

    I appreciate the criticism to Thursday's (February 8) posting about Genesis and absolute logic in mathematics and physics. Criticism is revealing and instructive. In response to this criticism I have decided to accelerate the posting of this essay. Parts 2, 3, and 4 of this essay follow this note. Further critical remarks are welcomed. I am not offended by strong criticism. I have a great deal of respect for current knowledge in mathematics, physics, and biology/chemistry, and also for many of the arguments which are derived from this knowledge. An introductory essay on absolute mathematical logic raises many reasonable questions, which cannot be answered all at once. I would like to see if there is any interest in this essay. If there is, I will respond to criticism in an orderly way in a week or two or three. At that time I can also begin to respond to technical questions such as those relating to argon atoms (?), quantum tunneling (?), etc. etc. etc.