Re: Where is man?

From: Samuel.D.Olsen@rf.no
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 08:48:05 EST

    Howard,

    I need to explain that I did not reply to your original question to me
    regarding being "comfortable to have man living 5 mill yrs ago". I do not
    feel I know enough about anthropology to make any defence for this view.
    My bias is towards the Mediteranian Flood view because of the geological
    considerations and the repeated pushing back of the time line for the
    appearance of early man makes me comfortable with a date in the early
    millions.

    Glenn, thanks for taking the matter up for discussion with Howard and
    others and allowing us to learn from the discussion. It is good hearing you
    articulate your views, Howard. I would like to think of the account of the
    resurrection of Jesus as being "historical fact" compared to the account of
    Mohamad's resurrection/ascension to heaven, Howard.

    Have just returned from a week away from the office - hence the silence
    from my end (European Winter Conference on Spectrochemistry at Lillehammer
    where the temperature was minus 28 C !).

    Sincerely,
    Samuel