Re: Before Dembski becomes a martyr

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 11:08:09 EDT

    Glenn Morton wrote:

    << And if we Christians turn Dembski into a martyr over this,
    we are supporting rebelliousness, and naivete rather than the
    cause of Christ. But I bet I know what we Christians will
    do--martyrdom is so much fun and plays so well on Christian
    radio.

    Thanks Glenn for your analysis. It reminds me that "It is
    better to heed a wise man's rebuke than to listen to the
    song of fools." (Ecclesiastes 7.5) Nevertheless, being
    a little seasoned myself, these follies of youth seem to
    me to be quite easy for anyone to fall into. I'm not even
    sure that they are completely intrinsic to youth. When I
    read Adam and Eve, the scripture reminds me that simple
    problems with obvious solutions are sometimes difficult
    to solve when it's our own problems.

    In a way, it looks to me like William Dembski was playing
    the "Phillip Johnson" (PJ) script. PJ can play that script
    as a well known self styled lawyer and a skilled debater, but
    he is probably not the right kind of role model to follow for
    a department chair in a university context.

    It is a kindness when our mentors take the initiative
    to warn us young folk, or tell us what really went wrong,
    because that is the best way to learn from a mistake.
    On the other hand, I myself have never listened......

    ....but for Grace alone do we proceed,
    Wayne