Re: Meaning of "fine-tuning"

From: RDehaan237@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 06:51:03 EDT

    In a message dated 10/21/2000 9:04:14 AM, hvantill@novagate.com writes:

    << Episodic creationism, on the other hand, should see evidence for fine
    tuning
    and the Anthropic Principle as surprising, since occasional acts of divine
    adjustment could presumably make up for any lack of original tuning. >>

    Howard,

    Not at all. The fine tuning, as I understand it applies only to the
    pre-biotic universe, and, as you said, originated in the initial state of the
    universe.

    If one has a developmental model of the universe, as I have, then episodic
    interaction with it on the part of God is no problem, anymore than your
    interaction with your children, all along their developmental trajectory,
    does not mean that there was something deficient in them. God called His
    creation Good. Not perfect. Not robust. Just good. There is nothing in
    Scripture that I can find that says that God is not involved in His creation
    at all levels.

    Best regards,

    Bob