RE: Before Dembski becomes a martyr

From: glenn morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 01:42:25 EDT

    > glenn morton wrote:
    >

    > > Well, I was wrong--at least until Bill Dembski opened his big
    > mouth. . . .
    >
    > > What happened to the
    > > Christian virtue of obedience to authority . . .
    >
    > What happened to the Christian virtue of respect? following the
    > Golden Rule,
    > loving one's enemy?

    Sometimes telling someone the bad news that they aren't perfect and don't
    have the right to criticize the boss with impunity is a loving act. And
    trying to avoid having Dembski turned into a martyr when he doesn't deserve
    to be, is nothing more than being discerning.

    > If Bill's comments were inappropriate, this kind of remark is no
    > less so. The
    > double standard is disturbing.

    It is not a double standard. I personally have had much experience with
    opening my BIG FAT MOUTH and getting myself into lots of trouble. Indeed, I
    think one of the times I was demoted from a manager's position was for a
    similar stupid error. (in my 30 year career, I have been manager 5 times and
    demoted 4--the 5th time is still in the future) I thought I had the right to
    say what I wanted whenever I wanted. Boy was I wrong, and Dembski is also.

    What is so "double standard" about this Bryan???? The question is, Will you
    retract this claim of double standard or not? Or will you allow your
    partisanship to cloud your judgement about what is and isn't a double
    standard.

    glenn

    see http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm