RE: 'Frankenfish' or Tomorrow's Dinner?

From: Vandergraaf, Chuck (vandergraaft@aecl.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 19:11:35 EDT

    Kamilla,

    I've been following this exchange with great interest. Please, define for
    me, what is "organic?" Is DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane) organic?
    What about 1.5-pentanediamine ("cadaverine")? Is pasteurization of milk
    acceptable? How about boiling potatoes? Irradiating spices? In each of
    these three cases, the chemical structure of the food stuffs is being
    altered.

    Just curious, (not grandstanding, I had to look "cadaverine" up).

    Chuck Vandergraaf