RE: 'Frankenfish' or Tomorrow's Dinner?

From: Harry Cook (hcook@oanet.com)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 13:01:43 EDT

    Cuck wrote

    I've been following this exchange with great interest. Please, define
    for me, what is "organic?" Is DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane)
    organic? What about 1.5-pentanediamine ("cadaverine")? Is
    pasteurization of milk acceptable? How about boiling potatoes?
    Irradiating spices? In each of these three cases, the chemical
    structure of the food stuffs is being altered.

    "Organic" as it applies to farming and vegetable operations, is quite
    carefullu defined.
    Harry Cook
    15032 84 Ave
    Edmonton, AB T5R 3X5