Re: heat problem

From: glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 16:05:48 EDT

    At 05:17 PM 7/31/00 -0700, Diane Roy wrote:
    > << Woodmorappe's book is as close as your local public or
    university
    >library. If they don't have it, they can interlibrary loan it. If you
    don't

    > Then read Mortons review at:
    >http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/woodmorappe-review.html
    > And then read Woodmrappe's response to Morton at:
    >http://www.users.bigpond.com/webfx/cyber/refute.htm

    Yeah, I would strongly suggest reading Woodmorappe's review so that people
    can see that he defends the names he calls me. Woodmorappe can't argue
    facts so he has to resort to name-calling. Instead of science we get
    vitriol. His first few lines are:
    ****
    Some commentators have called attention to Morton's (apparent) politeness.
    I have information which points to the contrary, but for the sake of
    discussion I will assume that it is true. But even then, politeness is no
    virtue when one is making irresponsible arguments. Remember, this is not a
    round-table debate on whether vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream are
    tastier. Morton is attacking the very Word of God. Like all compromising
    evangelicals, he is, in his book, subjecting Scripture to the most
    grotesque of contortions--all for the purpose of accommodating humanistic
    thought-processes and theories.

    The format of my reply is as follows. I first cite a bloc of Morton's
    statements, and then comment on them.

    >cited, attached to the citation are adjectives like "absurd", "naive",
    >"compromising", "abysmally ignorant", "sloppy", "reckless disregard",
    >"extremely inaccurate","misleading", "tomfoolery" and "intentionally
    >deceitful".

    Let us face the fact that most of the attacks on Noah's Ark have been so
    irresponsible and silly that they deserve such adjectives--and more.
    ****

    As I said, when a person runs out of rational arguments, they begin to call
    names.

    glenn

    Foundation, Fall and Flood
    Adam, Apes and Anthropology