Re: heat problem

From: Diane Roy (Dianeroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 19:53:51 EDT

      From: glenn morton
      Now here is the problem. If all this salt was in the flood waters, the
      salinity would NOT BE LESS THAN THAT OF TODAY. Indeed, the salinity of the
      flood waters, during the erosive period would have to actually be greater
      than today. This is because the erosion all over the earth would dissolve
      the salt on the pre-flood continents. And since the salt we see on the
      continents sandwiched in the rocks today had to have been removed from the
      flood waters, the only inescapable conclusion is that the flood waters were
      MORE salty, not less.

      AR: The original question was about the amount of salt in the soils and the removal of the salts, not about the concentration of salt in the flood waters.

      Consider how salty they must have been. We know that the salt in the
      sedimentary column is about 30% of the salt in the oceans. Thus, the oceans
      must have had at least 30% more salt during the flood.

      AR: If you concieve of the Flood as one homogenous mess, then this could be a problem.

      Since NO freshwater fish mentioned by Woodmorappe can survive more than 50%
      of the current ocean salinity, it is highly unlikely that they could
      survive an ocean with 30% more salt.

      I have been surfing during rain storms off Ala Moana where the surface of the ocean disappears under 6 to 8 inches of continual splash. After 10 to 20 minutes the surface is covered with a layer of fresh water you can drink by just putting your face in the water. The fresh water layer stays in place for a another 30 to 40 minutes. There were rains for 150 days during the the Flood which could leave a layer of fresh water continually on the surface of the flood waters.