Re: leaving the faith

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 20:47:19 EST

    Glenn wrote about his boss

    << See, I would never describe that man as suffering or struggling. He was
     enjoying life in a way few christians do. When he was laid off, he had a
     tremendous optimism and started his own company which is doing well.>>

    I think the facts you have brought out about your former boss are important
    and help to keep us honest; and certainly we want to present Christianity as
    intelligently as possible;but, I still find myself in Wendee's corner. And
    this last summary paragraph suggests that maybe there is a hidden sin,
    namely, pride and self-sufficiency. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for
    theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

    Paul S.