Re: ID:philosophy or scientific theory?

From: glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 15:25:44 EST

    At 01:34 PM 3/10/00 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
    >My post was in answer to Christians who witness to non-Christians
    >scientists.

    As I have said many times the creation/evolution issue is not very
    effective at evangelism. Its strength lies in the ability to keep people
    from leaving the faith. Thus it is a discipleship issue. One can't leave a
    faith unless one was once part of it.

    [snip]

    >Ask Provine what or where does he go to answer
    >important, non-scientific questions. Ask him also what those questions are.

    If you mean questions concerning ultimate reality, he believes ultimate
    reality lies in the here and now. There isn't anything else. At least that
    is what he has indicated to me in the past. I would hate to speak for him
    or misrepresent his position.

    >For all I know Provine is a rather dull person with no human insight!

    I would assure you that Will has much insight. He is a delightful intellect
    with a sharp wit and a quick jab to someone like me which jab has the
    effect of making me think. He wouldn't be able to convert about half his
    class each year to atheism if he didn't have human insight.
    glenn

    Foundation, Fall and Flood
    Adam, Apes and Anthropology
    http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm