Re: ID:philosophy or scientific theory?

From: Howard R. Meyer, Jr. (psiigii@home.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 23:01:08 EST

    You hit on the implicit Adam (natural/scientific evidence of hominids) in your discussion.

    I understand your linking of Paul's discussion in Rom 5 with early humans as you were with Glenn.

    Am I right in assuming that _in your opinion_ mankind was always in need of redemption -- i.e.
    there was no fall? If so, how do you harmonize this with the rest of the Bible-- which tells our
    sins are an inherited part of our nature through "Adam's" fall? Either "Adam" was at one time in
    communion with God and through some act of disobedience (continuing in vein of partial allegory)
    fell, thus needing redemption, or God created (through TE?) Adam in an unregenerate state from
    the beginning with a sin nature. If you imply this, I see very serious problems.

    Howard