Re: ID:philosophy or scientific theory?

From: Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 13:34:32 EST

    Dear Glenn,

    My post was in answer to Christians who witness to non-Christians
    scientists. I agree with you people ought to go to all sorts of sources that
    answer non-scientific questions that are important to humans. I think the
    evidence for what is in Scripture is something one has to find in his/her
    inner being. It is not external, which requires "observational support." I
    find it hard to know of a person who takes a "completely naturalistic
    viewpoint" and can love and be loved in return. Naturalistic explanations
    of love must be rather mechanical and dull--not to say totally incomplete
    that misses the whole notion. I do not use the Bible as a scientific book
    and so I do not have the conflict that Provine and others face. The problem
    of the past is much too complicated a problem in forensic studies that I
    leave to others. The most important questions humans ask are not
    scientific. The Bible speaks volumes on such questions giving, what I
    consider, satisfying answers. Ask Provine what or where does he go to answer
    important, non-scientific questions. Ask him also what those questions are.
    For all I know Provine is a rather dull person with no human insight! In
    closing the question where I came from is not a burning question to me. I am
    more concerned with where I am going!

    Take care,

    Moorad