Re: ID and Genesis Reconsidered

From: Massie (mrlab@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 12:22:24 EST

    David Campbell wrote:

    > Looking for papers related to bivalve evolution, I ran across something
    > relevant to the irreducible complexity issue. Melendez-Hevia, Waddell, and
    > Cascante. 1996. The puzzle of the Krebs citric acid cycle: assembling the
    > pieces of chemically feasible reactions, and opportunism in the design of
    > metabolic pathways during evolution. Journal of Molecular Evolution,
    > 43:293-303. The discussion of the mechanisms and functionality of the
    > intermediates is sufficiantly detailed to require more review of organic
    > chemistry than I am inclined to until after my dissertation is turned in.
    > They also cite assorted previous papers on the evolution of this and other
    > complex biochemical cycles such as the Calvin cycle.
    >
    > Given the progress being made in molecular biology, I suspect that the gaps
    > will generally be narrowing if not closing.
    *********
    When Urey made amino acids the evolutionary world thought that the gad
    was closing.
    this was far from true and I would not be so confident that you will not
    yet
    find additional complexities going forward.
    ******************
    Thus, it is particularly
    > important to emphasize that everything is intelligently designed in the
    > sense that God created it, whatever the means. Whether irreducible
    > complexity is real ought to be a debate about God's methods, not an
    > apologetic issue.
    >
    > David C.
    God's owership is certainly not an issue for me but the need for a God
    (ID)
    is the issue outside of the brotherhood.

    Bert M