Re: Imago Dei

From: Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 20:25:20 EST

    Dave Siemens wrote:

    >Here I thought that the cowboys, shepherds, dairy farmers and the like
    >who were neither Orthodox Jews nor orthodox Christians were legitimate.
    >But Dick has proved that they are all perverse usurpers who have no right
    >to the products of their efforts.

    Sure they do, beef, wool and milk, for example. But if they want to speak
    up for God, they need to enter into a right relationship. We can tell them
    how
    to do that.

    >I am also somewhat worried that the divine promise that there would be no
    >more Flood applies only to the area around Mesopotamia, that is, the
    >Mid-East and Northern Africa, from Turkey to Persia to the Sudan. The
    >Americas, Australia, Antarctica, eastern Asia, central and southern
    >Africa and, probably, Europe, do not fall under the divine warrant.

    The promise was not to the land, but to Noah and his kin. Although there
    have been devastating floods all over the world since then, Bangladesh,
    China,
    India, Africa, in no instance have God's chosen been at ground zero.

    >By the way, will someone who knows a lot more about the history of
    >Mesopotamia than I please tell me the date of the last major flood on the
    >Euphrates and Tigris rivers? Then I can place an exact date on Noah. On
    >the basis of Dick's interpretation and God's promise, it has to be the
    >last one.

    The early dynastic period of Mesopotamian history dates from 2900 BC to
    2370 BC and begins with the post-flood rulers at Kish. The flood layers at
    Kish, Shuruppak, Uruk (Erech), and Lagash were dated by archaeologists
    at approximately 2900 BC.

    If the Exodus was during the reign of Raamses II, dated by scholars at
    1290 BC, if there are 615 years from Abraham to the Exodus using Ussher
    and Light foot's measure, if there are 1072 years between Abraham and the
    flood from the Septuagint, and if the flood lasted one year, then the
    year of the flood was 2978 BC. In the absence of data to the contrary,
    2900 BC or thereabouts is my choice.

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago."