RE: Exceptional Measures

Vandergraaf, Chuck (vandergraaft@aecl.ca)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 22:42:05 -0500

Vernon,

A few points: Rev 12:14 in my NIV software version reads: "The woman was
given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place
prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time,
times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach. " Nowhere does it say
that 'times' means two time periods. IMHO, unless you can substantiate your
'leap of faith,' you are grasping at straws. Deut 12:7, again in my NIV
version, reads: "There, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your
families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand
to, because the LORD your God has blessed you." No mention of any time
period, period! Is there an error in your web page or do you use a different
version of the New Testament?

As to your reference to A4 paper, the standard in non-North American
countries (and a royal pain to me when I wait to print out a manuscript sent
to me by a non-NA correspondent because the printer prompts me to insert the
proper sized paper), does this suggest that the choice of A4 paper has been
divinely inspired? IOW, are we, NA inhabitants, "beyond the pale?" Or,
could it possibly be that the use of A4 paper is "mark of the beast" and
that, in time, no one will be able to buy or sell or do commerce unless
(s)he has the "mark of the beast" i.e., A4 paper?

Some points to ponder.

I'm not sure where you are heading with your approach. If you can see God's
wisdom, power, and glory in this, good for you. I would guess, though, that
you present some circular arguments and that it is unlikely that it will
bring (m)any to realize the saving power of Jesus's death on the cross.
But, God does work in mysterious ways.

Shalom!

Chuck Vandergraaf
Pinawa, MB