Re: Time

Bert Massie (mrlab@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:23:37 -0800

There are a few words, non-specific, and then a lot of speculation.

1) Genesis 1:1 can be read that "in the beginning" means the beginning of
spacetime. There is no requirement that it be read this way and of course you may
want to say that God only created our local time or whatever, no proof can be
offered..

2) However, the General Theory of Relatively has a Theorem by Hawkins and other
with the implication that time had to have a beginning. He tries hard to wiggle
out of it in A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME. But, it wiggling, he postulates a lot of
uproven, unprovable, and likely wrong physics. Just shows how badly he does not
like the concept.

SO, is God in or out of time or whatever? I can only appeal to the concept that
there is a great correspondance with the physics of a begging to time and Genesis
which speaks of a beginning and sugges that this is an elegant and simple solution
and that Mr. Okum and the beauty principle will be happy.

Bert M.