Re: Re: Time

Starkja@aol.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:39:07 EST

Bert wrote:
<<
In the first place this is not about the Dieties motion. It is about which
clock one uses for counting time. It is about gravity (General Relativity)
not motion (Special Revativity) and it have nothing to do with the clock of a
diety. God is NOT confined by time as we know it. But, if HE talks about
time, what clock is he using is the question.

Is the statement 'God is NOT confined by time as we know it.' dependent on
your concept of God? Are you implying that God is all knowing with no
limitations because of the freedom God gave us?

Bert goes on to say:
>> one requirement of this view: God must be totally within the space-time
>> universe.

>No. God is not within SPACETIME. Quite th contrary, it is proposed that he
>spoke into existence the SPACETIME of Physics. But, the issue is if he spoke
>of time (a human and universe thing) then what clock is he using?>

I would think that God uses absolute time, while we are all limited to using
relative time. What would be the scaling for that absolute time? Why should
it have a zero point on that time scale? I believe that we are free to
choose the scale that will best fit our personal world view.
Jim