Re: Life, death and Genesis

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:25:41 -0400

William E. Hamilton wrote:

>The idea that physical death of animals is a consequence of Adam's sin is
>not easy to support logically, and I just came across some Scripture that
>also (to my mind) throws some doubt on that interpretation: Romans 5:12:
>Therefore just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through
>sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned...
>
>It's clearly talking about death for humans, and it clearly ties that death
>to sin.
>
>There is no clear connection here with the death of animals.

Or physical death for humans. With continued access to the tree of life,
Adam could have lived forever (Gen. 3:22). Also, he did not die physically
on the day he ate of the forbidden fruit (Gen. 2:17). The "death" Adam
suffered
was spiritual - a loss in his relationship with the Creator. That separation
between man and God was the Adamic legacy.

Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
"The answer we should have known about 150 years ago."