Re: re-whales from rodents

Darryl W. Maddox (dpmaddox@arn.net)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:44:59 -0500

Hello John,

You asked for comments from others so here is mine. From the quote you
included it looks to me like Johnson is saying that evolutionist argue
whales came from rodents, and as to whether or not he believes it appears to
be only implied to the negative, i.e. I don't think he does believe it. If
he believed it he probably would not be challenging evolutionists to explain
it. So since he appears to be asking evolutionists to explain this
transition, it being an example of a type of morphological transformation
which he doesn't think has or can (I don't know which) happen, ne must think
they (the evolutionists) believe it did happen. If he didn't think the
evolutionsist believed in this transition there would be no reason to
challege them to explain it.

Darryl

"John W. Burgeson" wrote: in a reply to Glenn Morton

> Glenn Glenn Glenn....
>
> You still don't get it.
>
> Your original claim was that "Johnson believes that whales came from
> rodents."
>
> You (Glenn Morton) wrote:
> ----------------------------
> However, here is what I found in my copy of Darwin on Trial:
>
> "By what Darwinian process did useful hind limbs wither away to vestigial
> proportions, and at what stage in the transformation from rodent to sea
> monster did this occur? Did rodent forelimbs transform themselves by
> gradual adaptive stages into whale flippers? We hear nothing of the
> difficulties because to Darwinists unsolvable problems are not
> important."
> ~ Phillip E. Johnson, Darwin on Trial, 2nd ed. (Downer's Grove:
> Intervarsity Press, 1993), p. 87

And you (John Burgeson replied)