Re: Life Death and Genesis

mortongr@flash.net
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 22:55:14 +0000

At 10:49 PM 7/25/99 -0300, Guy Blanchet wrote:
>You use the expression 'gross generalities'. The expression which best
>renders the spirit of what I was saying is 'general principles'.
>Dwelling on details does only one thing when the Word of God is the
>issue: it leads to bottomless discussions. One minds the pennies while
>the dollards slip through ones fingers. No, you are right, I am not a
>scholar. I just love God.
>
>You say that the 'good' vs 'perfect' question is very important. I
>think it is a no-brainer: when my God, a perfect Being, says something
>is good, I know exactly what He is saying.

How do you know? What if the word he used means "OK" Would that still mean
'perfect'? Is there any word God could have used which would have
convinced you that the world was not 'perfect'? I mean if God had said "The
world is sorta nice' would you also interpret that to be perfect? If words
don't mean anything, and if all that matters is what you, a human believes,
then why study the Bible at all? You, in effect are saying that regardless
of what the Bible actually says, you know what it means. Of what use is
the Bible if you already know what is there? When did you get this
knowledge? Did you get it before or after you read the Bible for the first
time? These are the questions that go through my head when you tell me
that it really doesn't matter what the Bible says (the words aren't
important)because you know the mind of God without ever reading the Bible.
That is an amazing ability.
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology