Re: index fossils

Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:02:30 -0600

Hi Glenn,

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:04:59 -0500 "Morton, Glenn" <gmorton@kmg.com>
writes:

>This core was taken in the Atlantic ocean. We see the same phenomenon
in
>the Gulf of Mexico. And the order of all the other species found in the
core
>are identical to the order we find when we drill in the Gulf of Mexico.
>explain this by means of a global flood requires that we believe that
one
>can take carefully size-sorted colored sand, stir it in water, and have
all
>the colors separate out when the sand settled to the bottom. That would
>violate the 2nd law of thermo!

I love it when you tell "Flooders" what _must_ be believed. :-)

I think I asked this before but can't remember how the responses went.
Why couldn't high stress conditions have caused morphological changes in
the species, which would then propogate around the oceans? Why couldn't
these changes have occurred in a relatively short period of time? Also,
do we see a gradual transition between species, or are only the two
distinct types found?

Bill