RE: Home School Science Curriculum

Vandergraaf, Chuck (vandergraaft@aecl.ca)
Sat, 8 May 1999 12:33:07 -0400

Jeff,

I would suggest you contact the education departments of Christian colleges
that you are comfortable with. My background is Christian Reformed and the
colleges I am suggesting reflect this. If you have access to the Internet,
you should check out Calvin College (Grand Rapids, MI) at
http://www.calvin.edu , Dordt College (Sioux center, IA) at
http://www.dordt.edu , The Kings University College (Edmonton, AB), Trinity
College (Chicago area), Redeemer College (Ancaster, ON). Most of these
colleges offer degrees in elementary education and can steer you in the
right direction.

Don't be discouraged by any negative responses (like the one by John Neal)
you may get on this list. I just opened up the Dordt College home page; it
contains the comment "opening minds to God's world." I think that your wife
is going to do that. Dordt offers a course entitled "teaching science in the
elementary school, and I'm sure that other Christian colleges do as well.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Chuck Vandergraaf
Calvin College '63
Pinawa, MB