Re: Miracles?

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 07:06:08 -0500

Bill Payne wrote:

> Tue, 17 Mar 1998 12:41:39 +0000, William B. Provine wrote:
> >
> > I think you multiply your problems by saying, well, investigate miracles.
> > If you do, and find a perfectly reasonable natural explanation, then you are up
> > a creek.
>
> Hi Will,
>
> One miracle that can be investigated and has never been explained to my
> satisfaction is dowsing. It's my opinion that dowsing is a miracle of
> the world of darkness, but a supernatural effect nonetheless.

IF dowsing works (about which I have strong doubts), one might
consider the possibility that it has to do with detection of very low
level magnetic fields. We know that birds, e.g., are able to "navigate"
with the aids of the earth's field.

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@imperium.net
http://www.imperium.net/~gmurphy