Re: Request for bible passages on "natural" processes

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Wed, 07 Jan 1998 18:20:11 -0500

Joel Cannon wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> I am looking for examples of verses in the bible that attribute God's
> action to processes for which we have physical explanations. For
> example, Psalm 147, "He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the
> earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."
>
> If you can think of one or two (or better more) could you send them to
> me. Thanks.

Ps.104, especially vv.10-30.
Ps.139:13-16
Ps.145:15-16
Much of Job 38-41 (understanding the rhetorical questions to Job
to mean that God understands & does these things)
Mt.6:25-30
Sirach 38:1-15 (in the Apocrypha) is significant for God's
involvement in healing through medical means.

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@imperium.net
http://www.imperium.net/~gmurphy