Re: Helping the ID tree grow.

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Sun, 05 Jan 1997 20:13:51 -0600

James Mahaffy wrote:
>The main problem as
>I see it is that the TE folks that dominate conversation on this
>group are so busy defending their part of the garden that other
>ideas don't feel part of the garden.

TE is the choice of scientists in the faith. And that is our
forum. What's the problem?

>Now defending your own part of
>the garden is important and good in the development of Christian
>perspective but listening and providing input to other parts is
>also critical. In all fairness, other parts of ASA (the ASA meetings,
>our journal and newsletter) are I think giving a good forum for
>exposure of ID to us and giving them feedback.

We have been exposed to ID and most of us find it little more than
the latest twist to progressive creation, which most of us find
lacking in data.

>Getting all the obvious error out
>before ideas are published really helps the impact. One of the
>reason Phil Johnson, as a lawyer, could be sure his science
>homework was right, is that he had folks that knew the area look
>at the manuscript before it was published.

Excuse me! He may have gotten some of his words and phrases
ironed out, but his "science homework" is out to lunch, or are
you new to this forum?

Dick Fischer
THE ORIGINS SOLUTION
http://www.orisol.com