Re: Limited Lists (was Limits of Kinds)

Keith Walker (Keith_R_Walker@compuserve.com)
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 05:02:11 -0500

Burgy wrote:

>YECs (and others) are always welcome on the Compuserve forums (I serve as
>a sysop on RELIGIOUS ISSUES) but they seldom stay around very long
>because the Compuserve members are so good at shooting them down in
>flames!

I guess I count as an 'other' in this sentence. To be honest, Burgy, I
came and went from the CServe Forum not because people were good shots, but
because I thought the level of discussion to be poor. I've stayed on ASA
longer because the shooting is better, even when I disagree or am on the
receiving end. I've been on a couple of private lists too and, frankly,
it's been even better there. Quality is a key issue and for all its
dangers (of which Glenn has subsequently posted an example), limitation can
sometimes be an aid to quality.

Keith Walker