Re: I am not an atheist

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 09:20:00 -0500 (EST)

At 02:46 AM 11/9/97 -0600, Glenn Morton wrote:
>At 11:04 AM 11/9/97, Moorad Alexanian wrote:
>
>>The subject matter of science is quite distinct from that of theology. I do
>>not see any overlap. I believe if there is any, it could give rise to bad
>>science.
>
>Note added in proof to my last post: As I said, you and John both do not
>want science to impact religion. By doing this, you both remove religion
>from reality and in my mind make religion irrelevant.
>
>glenn

Dear Glenn,

Science can impact religion whenever religion makes scientific statements.
Otherwise, it can't. How can you remove religion from reality? Think about
it, what deals with the most significant things in your own life, your
science or your faith? The real issue is what is the nature of questions
that humans ask? For instance, is the question of origins a scientific
question? If it is not, then the Bible may have the answer to it and
scientists don't. The real battle is on the nature of the questions asked
not necessarily on the answers provided by different groups.

Best regards,

Moorad