Re: junk mail

Steven Schimmrich (schimmri@kutztown.edu)
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:01:38 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, David Andreu wrote:

> Dear friends:
> I have recently started to receive junk e-mail (chain letters, undesired
> subscriptions, etc) that used the ASA list as a route. I suppose other people
> are having the same problem. Is there a solution to this? Thank you very much.

This is unfortunately becoming a very common problem. You should place
the people and companies which do this on a mental list as people or
companies NEVER to do business with since it shows a total lack of ethics
and civility on their part.

There's not much that can be done. I have occassionally mailbombed
(sending them thousands of large files) people who've persisted in sending
such junk to my personal account but that's not a very Christian response
I'm afraid. Sending complaints to their Internet provider may help but
only if they're accessing the Internet through a commercial provider.

- Steve.

--      Steven H. Schimmrich               KB9LCG        s-schim@uiuc.edu      Department of Physical Sciences               Kutztown University      217 Grim Science Building, Kutztown, PA 19530      (610) 683-4437      http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/s-schim     Fides quaerens intellectum