Re: Evolution and Christianity

Inge Frette (frettei@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:24:40 +0200

Jan de Koning wrote:

> In MY opinion, anyone who wants to read Gen. 1-11 as we read historic
> facts, is not recognizing the facts that:
> 1. It was written by Moses after he had received the two tablets.

I am just curious. Is it normal to think of Moses as the author of
the Pentateuch. When I studied theology at the evangelical faculty
in Oslo here in Norway I didn't learn that. I learned that the
Pentateuch is composed of different sources edited in a later period.

I don't want to trigger a big discussion on this issue. Just want to
know whether Jan de Koning expresses a view that is common "over there",
and to find out whether there is a "geographical" difference here among
evangelicals, since here in Norway many evangelicals
don't think of Moses as the author.

Best regards from Inge

Olav Inge Frette Schlumberger Geco-Prakla
Voice : (+47) 6678 8061 (direct) Communication Systems
: (+47) 6678 8000 (switchboard) Schlumberger House
Fax : (+47) 6678 8500 Solbraaveien 23
mailto: frettei@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com N-1370 Asker, NORWAY