Re: 'The Missing Day...'

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Wed, 06 Mar 1996 21:35:36

>Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 11:17:09 EST5EDT
>From: HVANTILL@legacy.Calvin.EDU
>Sender: owner-asa@udomo.calvin.edu
>To: asa@calvin.edu
>Subject: Re: 'The Missing Day...'

>In 1970 we asked for documentation of the claims made in this particular
>fable. In response we were told stories of the sort, "The documentation has
>been lost. The computer program has been destroyed. ...etc."
>
>It is depressing to see Christians so eager to believe junk!

I don't have documentation for this but I have been told that the missing day
story predates computers. It was supposed to have originally surfaced in the
late 1800's when some astronomer calculated all this by hand. (poor guy must
have had writers cramp.)

Of course the opinions are mine. I wrote them didn't I?