Re: Polystrate Trees

From: R. Joel Duff (rjduff@uakron.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 13:23:05 EDT

    >Joel,
    >
    >The Talk-Origins web site has an article about "Polystrate Trees" at
    ><http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/polystrate/trees.html> as a rebuttal to
    >the young-earth creationists claims. The author refers to fossilized trees
    >found upright in Nova Scotia and even uses a citation from the 19th century
    >to show that it was not a problem to geologists of that time.

    Thanks Dale,
    I have all that info but it isn't exactly comparable and the claim I am
    dealing with is fairly specific to a particular locality so I would like to
    deal with the specifics rather than responding just in generalities from
    other site. I'm guessing that I am not going to be able to find any
    specific into on these sites in Australia but maybe someone out there has
    dealt with the specific claim of ICR.

    Joel

    Dr. R. Joel Duff, Assistant Professor
    Dept. of Biology, ASEC 185