Re: The Wedge of Truth : Splitting the Foundations of Naturalism by Phillip E...

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 12:36:14 EDT

    > Steve responded:
    > Of course, a definition of "world class" is open.
    > But, none of these fit the simultaneous definition
    > of world class AND scientist. How about naming a
    > member of the national academy of sciences who
    > is associated with Phil.

    However, don't forget that the NAS also
    has its own politics. For example, Carl Sagan was
    rejected and arguable for mostly political reasons.

    Whether any of the above folk
    (Dr. Scott Minnich, Dr. Lee Spetner, Dr. Michael Behe
    Dr. Paul Nelson, Dr. Steve Meyer, Dr. William Dembski,
    and Dr. Jonathan Wells) should be there is not
    for me to say, and in any case, people who are there
    have earned it. Nevertheless lets not what the preach says

    "I realized another thing, that in this world
    fast runners do not always win the races,
    and the brave do not always win the batles.
    Wise individuals do not always earn a living, intelligent
    people do not always get rich, and capable individuals do
    not always rise to high positions. Bad luck happens
    to everyone."
    Ecclesiastes 9.11

    I think it would be pertinent to point out to Allen that whereas

    > Dr. Scott Minnich
    > Dr. Lee Spetner
    > Dr. Michael Behe
    > Dr. Paul Nelson
    > Dr. Steve Meyer
    > Dr. William Dembski
    > Dr. Jonathan Wells

    may be very intelligent people, as I am sure Allen is
    also, Allen should be wise enough to realize that
    intelligent people can also be wrong.

    by Grace alone do we proceed.
    Wayne