RE: ideas / suggestions?

From: Kuentz, Michael \(M.\) (mkuentz@ford.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 10:55:26 EDT

    First off, I'd tell the guy who shot the footage to edit it himself. You
    could call him on it and ask what he recommends you do with the footage (and
    then you can tell him where to put it). But another way of handling it is to
    apply 3D Warp to the entire length of video (or just those pieces you plan
    on using in the final edit), rotate the image 90 CW - tell your friend it
    looks like sh*t 'cause that's the way they shot it - and do a mixdown of the
    effected elements. Then use that mixdown in your final edit.

    Once this rotation is done, apply a 1/4 outside vertical wipe to the whole
    project and call it a new "MTV" style of letterbox.

    Michael K. Kuentz
    Sr. Editor
    Ford Motor Company / FCSD
    Allen Park, MI 48101
    (313) 317-7413 edit
    mkuentz@ford.com
    "Happiness Is a Warm Avid" - Director James Cameron