Re: Independent support for Behe's thesis?

From: Lawrence Johnston (johnston@uidaho.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 10:44:24 EDT

    From: "glenn morton" <mortongr@flash.net>
    To: "Adam Crowl" <qraal@hotmail.com>, <asa@calvin.edu>, <evolution@calvin.edu>
    Subject: Re: Independent support for Behe's thesis?
    Date sent: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 05:38:54 -0000
    On June 1, 00, Glenn Morton wrote:
    > The idea that the Prof. Chen's interpretation of the Chengjiang fossils is
    > 'independent' of Behe's group may be fanciful. This was just sent to me by
    > an acquaintance; I have ordered the full article.. It discusses the
    > activities of the Discovery Institute which may be funding Chen. So, how
    > independent is this? (see the last sentence of the second paragraph). If
    > true, the problem becomes one of whether Chen would bite the hand that feeds
    > him or not.

    Greetings, Glenn -
            In scientific discourse it is frowned upon to use "Ad Hominem" arguments. It's not
    as much fun, but it serves uncovering truth much better to stick to the evidence,
    even if that means waiting awhile for the evidence to be clarified. Even if
    someone's work is supported by the NIH or NSF we needn't questiion his results and
    conclusions for that reason. Warmest regards, Larry

    "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set
     eternity in the hearts of men" - - Ecclesiastes 3:11, NIV trans

    Lawrence H. Johnston 917 E. 8th st.
    professor of physics, emeritus Moscow, Id 83843
    University of Idaho (208) 882-2765
    http://www.uidaho.edu/~johnston/ =====================