Defense against Pantrog's harassment (#1)

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 01:05:49 EDT

    DNAunion: Pantrog has just stepped up his harassment/assault on me, which he
    has been waging across the internet for months. I feel it is time for me to
    defend myself.

    This post deals with one Pantrog. Different people know him by different
    names, and many, by multiple names. You may know him as one or more of the
    following:

    Pantrog
    Pangloss
    Huxter
    Scott L. Page
    IamNoOne
    RandomMutt
    Hand???FromYour???

    I have done some "statistical analysis" on Pantrog's posts at MetaCrock's
    discussion site and have found a trend I very much expected. Though I may
    have lost count along the way, and one of the numbers may be off by a post,
    here are the totals I came up with when I looked through all the posts at the
    site to see just how Pantrog's posts fell into certain categories.

    Pantrog's posts directly against/insulting/ridiculing DNAunion: 29
    Pantrog's posts to Pat against/insulting/ridiculing DNAunion: 4
    Pantrog's posts to MetaCrock against DNAunion: 2
    Pantrog's posts against/ridiculing ARN (Moderator or in general): 8
    Pantrog's other posts: 3

    I count a total of 46 posts for Pantrog, of which only 3 did not deal with
    either me or ARN. We could look at summaries as follows:

    Pantrog's posts against/insulting/ridiculing DNAunion: 35 (76.09%)
    Pantrog's posts against/ridiculing ARN: 8 (17.39%)
    Pantrog's other posts: 3 (6.52%)

    Or more to the point:

    Pantrog's posts against/ridiculing DNAunion and/or ARN: 43 (93.48%)
    Pangrog's other posts: 3 (6.52%)

    Now I ask you, what is Pantrog's primary purpose in posting at MetaCrock's?
    To discuss science? No - it is to attack me, personally, and ARN, as the
    93.48% figure indicates.

    In fact, here are the first several posts by Pantrog at the MetaCrock site,
    dating from 08/25/2000 to 08/29/2000. As one can see, he did not start
    discussing science and then get sidetracked. Nope, he immediately ganged up
    with Pat and "jumped in on me". THAT seems to be his purpose in posting at
    MetaCrocks - not to discuss science, not to become enlightened, not to
    enlighten, etc., but to cause as much trouble for me as possible (this trend
    of his is no exception - this is pretty much his course of action across the
    internet).

    Again, note his lack of interest in any real topic - posting here is merely
    another chance for him to get his digs in on me and ARN.

    [quote]

    http://pub18.ezboard.com/fhavetheologywillarguescienceandreligiousbelief.showM

    essage?topicID=60.topic&index=17
    08/25/2000 11:34 am (retrieved 04/11/2001 at 08:07 pm, post unedited by
    Pantrog at that time)

    Pantrog: oh my - what would your hero Mike Gene think!?

    My goodness - DNAunion comes to a new board to pout and spew - whats the
    matter? Getting tired of patting Mikey's back all the time? Pat is right on -
    you don't know what you are talking about....
    [/quote]

    [quote]
    http://pub18.ezboard.com/fhavetheologywillarguescienceandreligiousbelief.showM

    essage?topicID=60.topic&index=27
    08/27/2000 10:17 am (retrieved 04/11/2001 at 08:18 pm, post was unedited by
    Pantrog at the time)

    Pantrog: careful Pat - DNAunion has a dictionary...

    ... and isn't afraid to use it! Oh wait - it isn't a disctionary - it was his
    undergrad psychology text. You know, psych text books are the only place one
    can find REAL definitions of words.....
    [/quote]

    [quote]
    http://pub18.ezboard.com/fhavetheologywillarguescienceandreligiousbelief.showM

    essage?topicID=60.topic&index=28
    08/27/2000 10:20 am (retrieved 04/11/2001 08:00, post was unedited by
    Pantrog at the time)

    Pantrog: DNaunus [ß-Pantrog frequently used this mangled form of my name]
    does what creationists do best...

    THE QUOTE GAME!!!!!

    I was simply commenting on your double-standards. Poor wittle DNAunion gonna
    cwy to momma......

    What a chump....

    By the way - when are we going to see YOUR many epiphanies in print somewhere?

    NEVER?

    LOL!!
    [/quote]

    [quote]
    http://pub18.ezboard.com/fhavetheologywillarguescienceandreligiousbelief.showM

    essage?topicID=60.topic&index=47
    08/29/2000 08:58 am (retrieved 04/11/2001 at 08:16 pm, post was unedited by
    Pantrog at that time)

    Pantrog: All of what you say is pointless - but...

    ... you've got to prop up your baseless ideology, don't you!

    You are the most predictable, simplistic nit I've encountered.

    By the way - have you sent in your amazing pro-ID epiphanies to a reputable
    journal yet?

    LOL!!

    And I am not Pat.....
    [/quote]

    [quote]
    http://pub18.ezboard.com/fhavetheologywillarguescienceandreligiousbelief.showM

    essage?topicID=60.topic&index=48
    08/29/2000 09:02 am (retrieved 04/11/2001 at 08:12 pm, post was unedited by
    Pantrog at that time)

    Pantrog: spoken like a true creationist

    DNAunion: Please, I'll take both of you on at once, with both arms tied
    behind my back. [In response to Pat's statement to Pantrog about me, "I'd
    appreciate it if you let me have him for a few more rounds; I'm not quite
    finished with him yet."]

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Pantrog: Gee, Gish couldn't have said it any better! Better yet, why don't
    you really 'take us on' and submit your amazing ID science to peer review.
    Until you do, all you are doing is spewing your anti-materialistic gibberish.
    [/quote]

    [quote]
    http://pub18.ezboard.com/fhavetheologywillarguescienceandreligiousbelief.showM

    essage?topicID=60.topic&index=49
    08/29/2000 09:13 am (retrieved 04/11/2001 at 08:22 pm, post was unedited by
    Pantrog at that time)

    Pantrog: all those ad homs....

    Dnanus[<--Pantrog frequently uses this mangled version of my name]: Now, go
    check it out. Can't, can you. Because anyone on the internet can pretend to
    be whoever and whatever they want to - like a person I know named Pat who
    claims to be a scientist. Too bad her statements just don't live up to her
    supposed credentials.

    Pantrog: Too bad DNAnus is ashamed to tell us all about her credentials and
    instead feels the need to insult others. Of course anyone can say anything
    they want about themselves. Funny thing is, when I was asked what my
    publications were on the ARN board - asked in the 'belief' that I would do
    something like you did and/or in the hope that I was just an armchair genius
    like you and Mike Gene - after I posted them I was accused of 'showing off'
    and trying to intimidate the poor publicationless ID advocates. I emailed
    them to Tom24 after he had done the old 'I don't belive you even are in
    college' type crap. His response? He accused me of arguing from authority!
    Can you imagine? Well, you can, I suppose....
    [/quote]

    [quote]
    http://pub18.ezboard.com/fhavetheologywillarguescienceandreligiousbelief.showM

    essage?topicID=60.topic&index=50
    08/29/2000 09:26 am (retrieved 04/11/2001 at 08:10 pm, post was unedited by
    Pantrog at that time)

    Pat: Let's see... You have a history of getting mad and becoming personally
    abusive when someone disagrees with you, and you want me to go to a forum
    where you control the microphone.

    Sure. In effect, you just called me "stupid" again. You have the choice of
    dealing with me in an open forum, or not. Up to you. If you don't like
    name-calling, just stop doing it. Simple as that.

    Pantrog: Indeed - he tends to spend more time pointing out perceived ad homs
    than addressing issues. I noticed this early on at ARN and stopped wasting my
    time trying to have in-depth discussions over there. Too much mental
    masturbation followed by bragging about how well they lay pipe over there,
    but I go back now and then. Oh - DNA has made a couple of posts directed at
    you over there..... I suspect that if you don't reply, he will boast and
    strut about another 'scared' anti-IDer....
    [/quote]

    DNAunion: So from the very beginning of his posting at MetaCrock's, Pantrog
    had it out for me. And that trend continued from day one till his last posts
    there.

    But is not the case for me. When I started posting at MetaCrock's I did so
    the discuss science, exchanges thoughts, debate, enlighten, and to become
    enlightened. I will show this towards the end of this post. First, I want
    to make another point.