chariot of the Gods>>>>>>>>>>>

From: silk (smbc1@wxs.nl)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 07:00:39 EST

    The tension between the good of the group & the individual is unavoidable. Most humans through sheer ignorance are so occupied with the material, facetious cares & superficial course labors of life that its finer fruits will never be plucked by them. Humans, the finest qualities of their nature, like the bloom of fruit can be preserved only by the most delicate handling yet they do not treat themselves nor one another thus tenderly, though quite the contrary as a matter of fact. So greedy yet view how foolishly they spend their booty. Though we may be less than proud of our trespasses we gleefully spend the proceeds of them. A guilty conscience has seldom been known to have spoiled the enjoyment to be had from the produce of one's own misdeeds!cool & logical individual is something seeking a catharsis & is not at all unlike a junkie seeking junk. "Dominating" urges one is helpless to reign in. The chariot of the brain is drawn by wild horses & could the "self" but tame those horses! Though it has yet to discover how, if to be sure it is all possible. I suspect it is not & therefore submit that it is not within the province of man to ever comprehend, at least this side of the grave, the simple "why or what for" of himself. True mastery, that of seeing how things really are & their true worth, or value to you, which is not the same thing, can only be gained by letting things go their own way, they will in any event. It can't ever be acquired by interfering. You catch a butterfly then let it go, if it comes back it's yours & a thing to be valued, if it doesn't it was never intended for you. Don't be a hanger on. Learn to let go. To arrive at a state of mind which respects the rights of others is difficult, if it doesn't come naturally, if not down right frustrating! Emotions, dominated by the "limbic system", short circuit what one knows to be right, what one knows is proper behavior, & allow or forces or dictates unrentlessly that we do wrong, that we act inappropriately. "Two wrongs don't make a right" & it has been often said that "discretion is the better part of valor. Oh if one could but think before they would act. No one acts more foolish than a wise man in love, N'est-ce pas?
                                                                                                                chao/Silk