Re: Pascal's wager (was ID *does* require a designer! (but it does not need to identify who ...)

From: silk (smbc1@wxs.nl)
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 03:22:09 EST

    Silk here: If we were going to bet as to whether there is an "after life"
    or total extinction upon death we could be one of three things: A believer
    an atheist or an agnostic. The agnostic position, logically, is the most
    reasonable however perhaps it's wiser to put your money on a compensatory
    after life. If it's not true, this after life business, then what have you
    lost? Nothing except being wrong & perhaps a sum of money which is
    replaceable & if it's all over & the lights go out forever who cares. If on
    the other hand it's true then you've scored big!