Re: Religious Beliefs that *Require* the Falsehood of Scientific Theories (was: we h

From: bill r wald (billwald@juno.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 17:01:04 EST

    Dear Chris

    >Chris
    >No, because that's a real-world, empirical question, determinable by
    physical >observation.

    Do you consider analyzing the fossil record and other geological history
    stuff to be a (hard) science in the Bacononian sense? seems to me this as
    well as much of cosmology, anthropology, sociology, psychology, and the
    like should be in the "arts" column. I'd go so far as to say if it can't
    be reduced to experimental physics (in the sense that chemistry is
    actually a branch of physics) and math it ain't science.

    billwald@juno.com

    GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.