Re: Pascal's wager (was ID *does* require a designer! (but it does not need to identify who ...)

From: Susan Brassfield Cogan (susanb@telepath.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 08:32:29 EST

    >Brian Harper quotes:

    >[3]========
    >I marvel at the audacity with which some people presume to
    >speak of God. In giving their evidence to unbelievers,
    >usually their first chapter is to prove the existence of
    >God from the works of nature. [...] If such an argument
    >were to be presented to them, no wonder they would react
    >and say that the proofs of our religion are feeble indeed,
    >and reason and expedience tell me that nothing is more
    >likely to bring it into contempt in their sight.
    >-- Pascal <Pensees>

    There's a long list of IDers who need to read this. Stephen Jones,
    certainly, but Dembski first.

    Susan

    --------

    Always ask. Hang out with people who make you laugh. Love as many people as
    you can. Read everything you can get your hands on. Take frequent naps.
    Watch as little television as you can stand. Tell people what you want. Do
    what you love as much as you can. Dance every day.
    --------
    Please visit my website:
    http://www.telepath.com/susanb