Re: Chicken or the egg?

From: Susan Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 15:10:37 EST

    >Hi Silk here: If we are to assume that the uncreated creator (god to
    >many) made all the way they {it} are {is} where they {it} are {is}
    >doing what they are then our only question can be "WHY" & if thats
    >it then it's not even worth 5 minutes of contemplation, but if god
    >did do it all then this god did or did not endow you with the
    >curiosity to contemplate what it had done or is doing & why! Period!
    >cogito ergo sum! You do what you do because it's what you're
    >supposed to do otherwise you'd be doing something else!

    so *that's* why I've been doing something else!

    >Other side of the same coin: What if we go along with Hubble & say
    >the universe is expanding & then go backwards? If we do we should
    >arrive at the original point of expansion? N'est-ce pas? Forget for
    >the sake of discussion what came before that! Ok if we do this I
    >guess that more or less brings us to the big bang? So here we are
    >with this "primordial soup" made up of some stuff; cosmic background
    >radiation, free electrons, photons & helium & all that type thing!
    >Ok, from all this mysterious stuff mixing itself up with outstanding
    >temperatures & lightening & all other same such activities bingo we
    >get a thing called life! We can, again for the sake of the
    >conversation, assume the physical & chemical laws then (12 - 15
    >billion yr's ago) were obeying different masters (rules). Abiogensis
    >or some same such thing long since departed & therefore not so much
    >as a trace left behind & thus available for our scrutiny? [I could
    >see it, whether god "designed" or not ] So this "life" was very
    >fresh & vulnerable & impressionable [ I can see that can you?] (for
    >the sake of a thread for if we wait for concrete proof we shall
    >never have a handle from which to contemplate anything?) Why then
    >did this ever so impressionable life evolve into so many different
    >forms, say without design to guide it, & add to this that this life
    >did so evolve into a myriad of things under the very same
    >environmental conditions & the same time (starting point)? Of course
    >if every species that ever was was somehow isolated from one another
    >at this time of "genesis" (each evolved from unique conditions) only
    >later to migrate & mingle with one another that could explain the
    >variety & spice of life? Any conjectures? I for one ( in the
    >abscence of a supernatural intelligent designer) simply do not know!
    >Say this "new life" was all the "same" when it came into being -
    >common ancestory?? Take 10 pint bottles of paint (all the same
    >paint) & throw each one against a wall & you may very well get 10
    >very different "splotches" not at all unlike Rorschachs blots? The
    >lottery of life, simply & only that! A form of chance? Or is that
    >too "unsophisticated" for ya all? I must admit that all that "is"
    >seems to be conducting "Its" affairs with a great degree of
    >symbiosis? Perhaps this "coincidence" simply developed later on for
    >"convenience"? Seems to be a hell of alot of convenience in the
    >works for "chances" sake?

    If you hit the return key a couple of times every so often in the
    middle of your rants you would look smarter. Trust me! take a look at
    some of the other posts. It works.

    Susan

    --

    I am aware that the conclusions arrived at in this work will be denounced by some as highly irreligious; but he who denounces them is bound to shew why it is more irreligious to explain the origin of man as a distinct species by descent from some lower form, through the laws of variation and natural selection, than to explain the birth of the individual through the laws of ordinary reproduction.

    ---Charles Darwin

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/