Fw: Nourishment for overcompensators!

From: silk (smbc1@wxs.nl)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 05:28:26 EST

    Chris Cogan scribbled: people can judge for *themselves* whether my claims are likely true (or at least severely veridical).

    Silk here: People with common sense & few inferiority complexes can only "judge" your motives for continually employing "gobbledygook"! "severly veridical" indeed!
    I've got a virus scanner naturally used to do some "virus cleansing", too bad I haven't got one to do some gobbledygook cleansing! I'm not being facetious, I'm dead serious! While in college I had to wade through not only professors "jargon" but the overinflated egos of those who wrote many textbooks riddled with this gobbledygook! Here the students were struggling to learn something new & not only did we have to deal with the normal complexities of learning a new subject but also with the egos of those allegedly teaching us employing "double negatives & gobbledygook" to shore up their own pathetic egos & to (as they considered) demonstrate their superior intelligence! It was not at all unlike someone placing something (in this case information) in a maze & daring you to find it. Making it unduly difficult! There can be no excuse for this sadistic behavior! It was only after I had mastered a subject that I began to realize how completely superfulous & sadistic & counterproductive these gobbledygook tactics were. If I had a dollar for every time someone I was tutoring said to me "Silk the way you put it is real clear, why didn't the professor explain it this way?" I would roll my eyes & invariably say "because he was not there for you, you were there for him!" mr. cogan may indeed have some valuable contribution to make to this list however I'd hate to be a student in his class! A word to the wise is sufficient! This may boil some blood & so it should. Most students are not the "brighest" crayons in the box & they should never be subjected to this nonsense! All efforts should be made to employ methods that honestly address "learning" in its most efficacious form! chao/silk