Vague appeals to OST (part 6)

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 17:18:42 EST

    DNAunion: Part 6 of x.

    *******************

    "... Creationists and bibilical literalists invent and twist facts and
    physical laws to attempt to do this, but have been unsuccessful. In fact, for
    a lengthy address to the many errors in your post, I suggest a prolonged stop
    by the Talk.Origins website (www.talkorigins.org). Most specifically, read up
    on the second law of thermodynamics, because you clearly have a faulty
    understanding of it. SLOT is a mathematical relation between the energy
    change of a system and its absolute temperature. That's it. That's all.
    "Order" can't arise from "chaos"? Tell that to a snowflake. Tell that to a
    fertilized human cell. The very fact that you're here contradicts your
    statements. Irreversible changes regarding entropy are only irreversible in a
    closed system, without external energy input. But the Earth isn't a closed
    system. There's this ball of nuclear energy called the Sun that provides all
    the energy necessary for the vast entropy increases and decreases that happen
    every second of every day. ..." (http://connect
    familyeducation.com/webx/webx.dll?14@125.BTLNatjNo9C^18@.ee7809b/3885)

    DNAunion: Need I say it again? Reliance on open-system thermodynamics is
    all that is given as an explanation. You got available energy, you got
    evolution. Nope - it just don't werck thatta weigh.