Re: Politeness

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 06:50:30 EST

    From: AutismUK@aol.com <AutismUK@aol.com>

    [...]
    >Paul Robson:
    > It is highly questionable whether it is to the advantage of IDers to
    question
    > other people's motives. (I am aware BTW that you are one of the few IDers
    > to whom this does not apply)
    >
    > Whilst I would not in any way claim to be a saint, Nelse, I do remember
    > you not answering my probability question rather a lot ;-)
    >
    > There are some playground ethics here. It doesn't actually *matter*
    > if Richard Wein called Dembski all the names under the sun. It
    > is a question of Dembski's arguments.

    I, of course, agree with you. But I'd also like to point out that I haven't
    called Dembski by any names. I have harshly criticised his work and his
    activities in promoting the Design Inference. Those criticisms inevitably
    reflect on Dembski himself. However, between Dembski and me, it is Dembski
    who has resorted to name-calling, not me.

    P.S. I've filtered out Nelson's posts, but I still have to endure seeing his
    drivel in other people's responses to him. Perhaps it's asking too much,
    but could other people please try to refrain from responding to him too?

    Richard Wein (Tich)
    "Do the calculation. Take the numbers seriously. See if the underlying
    probabilities really are small enough to yield design."
      -- W. A. Dembski, who has never presented any calculation to back up his
    claim to have detected Intelligent Design in life.