Re: Fw: Pseudo Intellectuals & the horse they rode in on!

From: Susan Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 15:23:01 EST

    >Bertvan wrote: Having realized you are an icon of courtesy and
    >consideration, Susan........
    >
    >Silk here: Hummmmmmmm........ Icon of courtesy????
    >Can't possibly be talking about the same susan B!???
    >Different strokes for different folks, of that there can be no
    >question! The Susan B or C or whatever she is refering to herself
    >these days is anything but an icon of courtesy!\
    >Try pompous & self-important ! An individual with no real grasp of
    >the subject matter. One who has read a few articles & regurgitates
    >them!! No mr. Bertvan she is in truth (whatever that is) no
    >different than flanky & the group over at creationevolutiondebate
    >[if she's as good], she's not here to learn nor to impart knowledge
    >but to come off as an authority of sorts so as to massage her
    >fragile ego & to shore up her own inferiority complexes. Quite
    >frankly I like to buy her for what she's worth & sell her for what
    >she thinks she's worth. Oh well susans desperate sense of inadequacy
    >that demands to be filled is nothing new on this tiny pebble in the
    >universe refered to as earth! There's one born every second, a "know
    >it all"; pity them I say?

    The pot/kettle alarm just went off!

    > Oh well Saturday night in amsterdam & I wonder what the coming
    >night will bring?

    Amsterdam . . . I've always wanted to visit there. It's a big city,
    I'm sure we wouldn't run into each other. Michael Servetus spent
    most of his life there. Eventually he left the safety of Amsterdam
    and was burned at the stake by his fellow religionists for having
    written a book suggesting the unitary nature of God. Unitarians sort
    of consider him a patron saint. Amsterdam has for centuries been a
    haven for freethinkers and and those fleeing either intellectual or
    religious oppression. However, it seems to me that your intellectual
    needs would be more than satisfied in Oklahoma City. It's a big city
    and I seldom go there. I'm sure we'd never run into each other.

    Susan

    --

    I am aware that the conclusions arrived at in this work will be denounced by some as highly irreligious; but he who denounces them is bound to shew why it is more irreligious to explain the origin of man as a distinct species by descent from some lower form, through the laws of variation and natural selection, than to explain the birth of the individual through the laws of ordinary reproduction.

    ---Charles Darwin

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/