Re: Report by Jonathan Wells of tour of Arkansas, Kansas, Washington

From: Huxter4441@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 12:27:10 EST

    In a message dated 11/7/00 8:18:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    sejones@iinet.net.au writes:

    << SJ>Below is a report by Jonathan Wells tour of Arkansas, Kansas,
    Washington
    >promoting his new book, Icons of Evolution, with one minor change.

     [...]

     HX>One thing was missing from your Wells material:
    >
    >Father's words, my studies, and my prayers convinced me that I should
    >devote my life to destroying Darwinism, just as many of my fellow
    >Unificationists had already devoted their lives to destroying Marxism. When
    >Father chose me (along with about a dozen other seminary graduates) to enter
    >a Ph.D. program in 1978, I welcomed the opportunity to prepare myself for
    >battle. J.Wells>>
    >
    >I wonder why that was?

     Because Wells' personal religious views and motivation is *irrelevant* to
     the *truth* of what he is saying. >>

    And on what do you base your *opinion* that what Wells' is saying IS the
    'teuth'? YOUR motivations to believe it to be so?

    Wells claims that he has done 'work in developmental biology' that poses
    serious challenges to evolution. In which of his 2 published scientific
    papers can we read about this 'serious challenge' do you think, Steve?