Re: Report by Jonathan Wells of tour of Arkansas, Kansas, Washington

From: Huxter4441@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 12:25:04 EST

    In a message dated 11/7/00 8:18:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    sejones@iinet.net.au writes:

    << This is even more significant considering that as Scott L. Page Ph.D
     (Anatomy & Cell Biology), Huxter probably has the highest biological
     qualifications on this List, yet he hardly ever argues his case on
    scientific
     grounds but relies mostly on crude ad hominems. Why?

     Steve >>

    Simply enough, even for YOU, Steve. I have tried on many occasins to provide
    you with documentation supportive of my claims. You ignore it; claim it was
    not exactly what yuo wanted; and immediately launch into your 'Oh, he's just
    trying to put down the layman' pity ploy. It gets tiresome. Example:

    =====================================

    SJ>But if Huxter knows of any molecular clock studies based on "nuclear DNA
    >mutation rates", perhaps he can post it to the List?

    HX>Sure Steve. Why, doing a simple medline search produced 8 hits on
    Primates
    >alone. A sampling:

    [...][Here, Steve opted to delete the several examples of the eight papers I
    had provided]

    Thanks to Huxter, but what I mean was post the *details*, in particular
    how it relates to the article I posted about mtDNA's clock.
    =================================

    So, it appears that unless we can read Steve's mind and provide him with
    exactly what he wants - NOT what he actually writes - he will simply ignore
    it or blow it off as he did here. After a few ropunds of garbage like this,
    and of course Steve's frequent ad hominems (inferring that if I were a *real*
    scientist, I would just write page after page of facts for Steve to pick
    through and, were he to live up to his usual reputation, merely reject tham
    all. But at least I would have been 'nice.' Sorry - that, too, gets rapidly
    tiresome. Scott L. Page, Ph.D., simply got sick of Steve Jones, freshman
    student and blinder-wearing ID advocate/creationist ignoring his explanations
    and offers to provide additional information.

    And while I am sure everyone is impressed that Steve can paste quotes from
    creationists pointing out the 'flaws' in everyone else's arguments, they mean
    nothing. Orwellian spin-control does not surpass reality in anyone's book.