chance and selection

From: Bertvan@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 13:07:13 EST

    TO: ralphkru@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU (Ralph Krumdieck)

    Bertvan
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/2000/0600issue/0600pawson.html

    >>Anyone who believes all this came together by chance mutation and natural
    >>selection would believe in Santa and tooth fairies.

    Ralph:
    >It's a good thing that the IDers are polite and never question other
    >people's intelligence, as you have repeatedly pointed out, Bertvan.
    >Otherwise, I might have misconstrued your message.
    >ralph

    Bertvan
    You are absolutely right, Ralph, and I stand chastised. It is wrong to make
    fun of anyone's beliefs, whether it be that life and the universe was
    created by fairies, Gods, a giant cosmic fluctuation, or by chance and
    selection. Especially, since I can't decisively dispute any of them. If one
    of the above is your belief and I have offended, I apologize. Gods, fairies
    and cosmic fluctuations would be impossible to disprove, but the obvious
    intelligence that is becoming more and more apparent as we understand life
    processes makes the chance and selection idea seem far-fetched.
    Nevertheless, there is no reason to ridicule any unfalsifiable belief which
    is dear to someone's heart.

    Bertvan
    http://members.aol.com/bertvan