Re: Cold fusion is a fact

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 15:52:32 EST

    In a message dated 11/12/00 2:26:00 PM Central Standard Time,
    susanb@telepath.com writes:

    << At 02:36 PM 11/12/2000 -0500, you wrote:
    >DNAunion: Susan felt the need to back up her statements on cold fusion, so
    >felt I should to. But since I no longer have Susan's e-mail, I had to
    create
    >one from scratch.

     It's here: http://www.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/200011/0046.html

     Actually the statements I was backing up were not about cold fusion per se
     but about Pons and Fleischman.

     you should read the websites I posted:

     http://broccoli.caltech.edu/~goodstein/fusion.html
     and this, an interview with Fleischman:
     http://www.mv.com/ipusers/zeropoint/IEHTML/FEATURE/FEATR/297fleischmann.html

     which make it clear that they and you are talking about two different kinds
     of cold fusion.

     Susan
    DNAunion: I understand that we are/were discussing two separate things that
    both go by the same name: cold fusion. I was trying to be "complete" about
    the term by showing that there is also one kind that is fact. That is, I was
    indirectly suggesting that people should word their statements more
    completely, since saying simply that "cold fusion couldn't be confirmed"
    would be technically inaccurate (the adjective "anal retentive" has been used
    to describe me by some, for some unknow reason :-) ). I just wanted to back
    up my statements also to show that I wasn't pulling things out of thin air.